The unexpected
I was up early, had a sudden urge to go for a run, but my bed called out to me. Back to it I went, woke up about an hour later, and decided to go for a swim instead. Not wanting to leave Nicole alone at home, I decided to wait for my dad to be back from his morning exercise. About 9.15am, I received a call, it was my dad, and he sounded different. I was right. He fell while cycling and needed assistance to bring him home from East Coast Park. Without further delay, I quickly changed and sprinted all the way there.
My dad was waiting at the underpass with a young man whom I supposed helped him after he fell. I thanked him. I checked for injuries, his left arm was hurt, elbow region was swollen, and there are some minor abrasions. Pain sets in, my dad didn’t understand how it happened, and was trying very hard to figure it out.. Nevertheless, the only thing on my mind was to get to the doctor as soon as possible. The incident must be too much for him to take at his age of 56. He rested for a while, I cleaned him up, helped to change to a fresh t-shirt and at about 9.45am we headed for the Polyclinic. We managed to jump queue as it was considered an emergency case and a young and unsure doctor attended to us. All he did was refer us to Singapore General Hospital for an x-ray to be done, and it cost us $8.
A & E department of SGH, an upfront payment of $80 was required upon registration. We had to wait for our turn to see the doctor before doing the x-ray. Again it was quite a young doctor who attended to us but this time it’s a much more experienced one. Asked my dad some questions and proceeded for x-ray soon after. Result: a slight bone crack/fracture at the elbow joint. Goodness! The unexpected happened! Again, we were being referred to an orthopedic. I watched patients being pushed in and out of the room, and waited patiently for our turn. I heard my dad’s name being called, into the room we went, and to my surprise it was a young doctor again!
He analyzed the x-ray film and outlined the fractured line/area to let us have a better picture. The options: Bandaged the arm and go back for review after a week, or opt for a surgery. Feeling skeptical about having an operation, my dad decided to be bandaged for a week.
I really wonder what’s happening in my life/home, within a week, I lost the pendant which James gave to me as a gift, followed by Nicole being wounded while grooming, and now my dad is injured. This is what I would call “A series of unfortunate events”. I always believe things happened for a reason, but what are the reasons for all these happenings…?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home