Thursday, October 06, 2005

Sale? I think not...

I didn’t sleep well, too many thoughts in my mind. Last night, in a moment of folly, I sent an sms to my ex asking about cycling helmet, and ended up with much unhappiness. Just can’t stop my hands from doing silly things can I, my mind was dominating. But things got better later today. Phew! And I finally received an email from Xiaoli which attached photos of my primary school class gathering on 1 Oct.

6.30am, I was awaken by the sound of falling bamboo poles we use for hanging our laundry, must be my dad. Good though, I promised myself to wake up early for a ride at east coast. So I went, managed to clock about 28km… only… and the speed I was going at was atrocious! 20 – 22km/h! Darn! Hunger sets in; food was all I could think of. I still managed to make it home anyway.

Body Shop warehouse sale! Not exactly a sight I expected. Suntec City, Hall 402. Extremely spacious hall with the items displayed around a U-shaped perimeter. 99% were insatiable women with the exception of a few men. It was a squeeze! Cheap I would not say but just lower priced. Nevertheless I was totally engrossed with all the colourful make-up range. Without realizing, the translucent plastic bag (given at the entrance) was gaining some weight, a sign for me to put some items back on display again.
Making payment was another big turn off. Long and winding queue, with about 10 cashiers hard at work. I was surrounded by women who really believed they had gotten themselves good deals. All the chatter and excitement simply got on my nerves! Ok, here’s the result, total I spent was $129. But wait! I’m not done yet, that amount included 2 bottles of body scrub which my buddy wanted and a body lotion for mom.

Gotta wake up early tomorrow morning for a run, and swim after that, really need to get back into action again. There’ll be a ride tomorrow night too, yay!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home