Monday, October 10, 2005

Heartaches

The fatigue from yesterday’s ride was still lingering within me, and I was awakened at about 8.30am by my mom who had left for work. Decided not to waste the day, I woke up and was craving for my fruit palette again. Somehow time passed by so quickly that a look at the clock, it was almost 11am, and I don’t even know what exactly I have done from the time I woke up. Lazed around, felt sleepy, snacked, waited patiently for the time to bring Nicole to the vet. She just kept on licking her wound till it was all red.

6.25pm, Johnson was already waiting downstairs, I asked him for a lift last night and he agreed. Mom came along with me. I know the way to the clinic because Sulaiman (Rebound Centre) is at blk 1013, whereas the clinic’s at blk 1015. We were 5mins late, 6.50pm, and Jessie (the groomer) was already there. The Vet said the wound is infected and the tear is quite big, so stitches were needed. Time was 7.05pm, we were told to leave and come back before 8pm as they need to sedate Nicole to do the stitching. When we got back to the clinic, Nicole looked so pitiful; she is bandaged and fitted with the “trumpet” around her neck. So heart aching…

Upon reaching home, I put her down and she seemed lost, didn’t know where to walk. When she stayed still, she’ll start to growl and shiver. I know she’s in pain and there’s no other way for her to express her agony. She looked really uncomfortable with the “trumpet” and refused to stay still or lie down to rest. I’m so afraid her movements would cause the wound to open up. She’s just like a baby now, very fragile, needs love, care and attention. I’m supposed to remove her bandage tomorrow afternoon, clean up the wound and feed her all the medication given by the vet. So many pills, just pray I won’t have difficulties handling her.

Medical fees: $120

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home