A bad sign, or am I too paranoid...?
The day was fine until I went for a jog in the evening. I lost my diamond pendant which James gave to me as a gift. I’ve been wearing it for more than a year and not once I took it off. I was devastated and distracted.
Time was about 7am, supposed to go for a run, and swim after that as I’d promised myself the day before. Looked at the sky, gloomy it was. A big patch of dark clouds formation was right in front of me. I broke the promise to myself again. Went back to bed and was up about 2 hours later. I went on my usual routine about the house, surf the net, checked emails, emailed James and sister in their office, packed the room. This time I managed to sort out all my jackets and got them all in one box. After so many years, I still can’t “shrink” back to how I used to be, 54kg and waist at 26 inches, I finally decided it’s time to get rid of those clothes which fitted me at that time. 3 big bags of them, heart aching it was, but I needed more space in the room.
I had a look at the dinner photographs in the PC again and thinking what else I could do with them. Something tinkled in my mind; I came up with sort of a family photo with individual shots. I cropped them and viola, it’s now nicely framed up.
Here’s the final straw for the day. Felt guilty about not running as frequent as I used to, quickly got changed and I was off to east coast. Run was good. On the way back I decided to run barefoot on the sand. Took off my shoes and began. It felt so different, even on the pavement. It wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be. Had enough, I headed home, did some push ups under my block, and I felt something dangling around my neck. My necklace was unhooked and my diamond pendant was gone! Panic sets in, for so many times that I’d ran or swim or cycle, not once it came off. Is that a sign, a sign telling me that something is not right…? I was lost, what should I do, I don’t even know where is it lying now, or probably it’s already in someone else’s pocket. Oh gosh! How I ever got so careless! Nothing more I can do about it; will have to replace it with a new one… a gift from myself, not anyone else…
Didn’t want to join the night cycling but since I’ll be going Kulai on Sunday, just want to make sure I’m in the form for it.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home